Two Storms… One Focus | The Great I Am is With Us | July 5, 2020
Do we see like Jesus saw? Matthew 9:35-38 | June 14, 2020
Staying on Mission Compassion is Required! Sunday | August 4, 2019
A Quick Summary & A Call to Action
He healed… Matthew 8:17
He had compassion…
Why? Their shepherds had failed them…
The workers are few, but they are enough!
Pray that God sends them…
Q: Do you know this story?
Q: Do you LOVE this story?
Q: Do you know what happens next?
We should go… Matthew 28:19
We should teach…
We should HEAL…
Are you serious?! Yes!!
It’s His desire! Matthew 10:1; 6-8; 24-25
We should have compassion…
Why? (How would you answer this question?)
The Lord of the Harvest
Who is the Lord of the Harvest?
Who are His workers?
Is He sending you?
Are you sure you are His worker?
What do you think you should do?
Why Jesus | Nobody’s Perfect! | April 14, 2019
What’s the Standard?
The Pharisees were the Billy Grahams of their day
Everyone looked up to them
Jesus praised their righteousness | Matthew 5:20
Do you live in a small house or a penthouse? | Luke 18:9-14
Wait a Minute… What’s the Standard?
Isn’t there a Law to live by? | Mark 10:17-20
You’ve heard it said, but I tell you… | Matthew 5:21-22, 27-28…
It’s all about the heart! | Mark 10:21-25; Matthew 6:21
Who Then Can Be Saved?!
With man this is impossible, but not with God… | Mark 10:26-27
All things are possible with God
Does Anyone Deserve to be Saved?
Are you better than the “mom” from Milladore?
Is there anything more reprehensible?!
How about killing God’s one and only Son?
We need someone like us…
who understands us…
but is perfect…
to represent us to God… | Hebrewa 2:14-18
With confidence?! What about righteousness? | Hebrews 4:14-16
Jesus seemed to think that personal righteousness was a pretty big deal… remember?! | Matthew 5:20
Our righteousness is not earned by us… | 2 Corinthians 5:21
it is by grace through faith in JESUS! | Romans 3:21-26
Pray!… and GO! | January 13, 2019
When He SAW the crowds…
- How can we see as He saw?
- Don’t think of yourselves more highly than you ought
- Least of the Apostles… to the chief of all sinners…
- Have the attitude of John Bradford
- Have the attitude of Christ Jesus
He had compassion on them…
- We can’t have compassion without humility
- With humility we can bring in a harvest!
- But how do we bring it in?
“The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
Things to notice about “the harvest”…
- The harvest is plentiful… there is urgency here.
- The workers are few… where are they?
- Does this seem overwhelming?
Pray… and GO!
- “Ask the Lord of the Harvest…” It begins with prayer!
- “to send out workers…” They aren’t out there yet!
- “into his harvest field.” He’s entrusting it to us!
- You may be the worker you are praying for! GO!